For large groups visiting Deadwood and the Black Hills, the entire house is available as a vacation rental. The innkeepers (and the cats) will vacate the property for the duration of the stay, giving groups total run of the house. Daily breakfast service isn’t available, though a twice-weekly cleaning service can be arranged for an additional fee.
Guests who rent the entire home will have access to the following:
- Seven bedrooms (two king, four queen, and one king+queen suite) and five bathrooms. One twin and two full airbeds also are available for use, for a maximum capacity of 21 overnight guests.
- Seven HDTVs with basic cable and access to video streaming apps, including Netflix.
- Wireless internet access throughout the house.
- Two parlors on the first floor; one has a couch, love seat, and large-screen TV, while the other has a leather couch, love seat, upright piano, and a gas fireplace.
- A formal dining room with table that can up to 10.
- Two large covered porches with seating for six, and a small patio with outdoor table and five chairs.
- Use of the kitchen with table that can seat three. The kitchen has been recently renovated, with stainless appliances, granite counters, and serving dishes for large groups. There’s a small gas grill on the back porch.
- A small library on the second floor.
- Independent thermostats on the first and second floor controlling central heat and air conditioning. The two third-floor rooms have individual climate controls.
- One off-street parking space. Additional parking is available on-street.
The house is a two-minute walk from the Adams House, a historic house museum, and a seven-minute walk from Mount Moriah Cemetery, where Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane are buried. The Deadwood Recreation Center, which has an indoor running track and swimming pool, is a five-minute walk away. Deadwood’s Main Street, which is lined with saloons, restaurants, and casinos, is a seven-minute walk from the house.
Whole-house vacation rentals are only available on dates when there aren’t already existing guest reservations, so booking at least three or four months ahead of time is suggested.
Rates vary by the time of the year, but generally fall between $800 and $1,300 per night. There is a two night minimum stay. Contact us to discuss pricing and additional options at 864-210-1899, or at email@example.com.