Whole House Rental
The 1899 Inn is available as a whole-house rental for groups looking for a Black Hills vacation home.
For large groups visiting Deadwood and the Black Hills, the entire house is available as a vacation rental. The innkeepers (and the cats) will vacate the property for the duration of the stay, giving groups total run of the house. Daily breakfast service isn’t available, though a twice-weekly cleaning service can be arranged for an additional fee.
Guests who rent the entire home will have access to the following:
- Six bedrooms (two king, four queen) and four bathrooms. Seven bedrooms (three king + two twin, four queens) and five bathrooms will be available beginning with the 2015 holiday season. Two full and one twin airbed also are available for use, for a maximum capacity of 15 overnight guests.
- Six HDTVs with basic cable and access to video streaming apps, including Netflix.
- Wireless internet access throughout the house.
- Two parlors on the first floor; one has a couch, love seat, and large-screen TV, while the other has a leather couch, love seat, upright piano, and a gas fireplace.
- A formal dining room with table that can seat six (up to 10 with additional chairs).
- Two large covered porches with seating for four, and a small patio with outdoor table and five chairs.
- Use of the kitchen with table that can seat three. There’s a small gas grill on the back porch.
- A small library on the second floor.
- Independent thermostats on each floor controlling central heat and air conditioning.
- Two off-street parking spaces. Access is through a narrow single-wide driveway. Additional parking is available on-street.
The house is a two-minute walk from the Adams House, a historic house museum, and a six-minute walk from Mount Moriah Cemetery, where Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane are buried. The Deadwood Recreation Center, which has an indoor running track and swimming pool, is a four-minute walk away. Deadwood’s Main Street, which is lined with saloons, restaurants, and casinos, is a seven-minute walk from the house.
Whole-house vacation rentals are only available on dates when there aren’t already existing guest reservations, so booking three or four months ahead is typically the best strategy.
Rates vary by the time of the year, but generally fall between $500 and $1,300 per night. There is a two night minimum stay. Contact us to discuss pricing and additional options